The Miles City Police Protective Association (MCPPA) was first established in August of 1938. The MCPPA is comprised of confirmed, full-time Miles City police officers. The goal of the MCPPA has been one of improving the community that we have each chosen to serve through our profession. In its early years the MCPPA held community events, including hosting circuses in the 70’s. Those events raised funds to support the association and its efforts to improve the relationships between the community of Miles City and their police officers. As the department underwent changes in more recent times, officers have again organized to bring life back to the association. Our goal remains the same. We hope to improve community relations through social events, education, and training of both the public, and fellow law enforcement professionals. The MCPPA is registered as a non-profit corporation in the State of Montana. The MCPPA’s IRS tax ID number is 88-0977202. All donations go back into our community through the events and charitable contributions provided by the association. The MCPPA are proud supporters of organizations including, Special Olympics Montana, and Shop with a Cop.
Our mission is to partner with the residents of Miles City to improve policing for officers and the community they serve; through positive community interaction that emphasizes cooperation, professionalism, and education.
The MCPPA has identified the following specific objectives, in order to achieve our mission.
- Promote and organize positive community interaction.
- Support local community-based charities.
- Promote trust and cooperation between the community and their police officers.
- Promote unified action of our agency with the other professional law enforcement agencies in our state.
- Provide community members with education and trainings that focus on keeping Miles City a safe, and positive place.
- Host trainings for other law enforcement agencies, addressing a need in Eastern Montana.
- Support officers in times of need.
- Improve the skill, health, and education of association members to better serve the citizens of Miles City.
- Officer’s Fitness Center- The MCPPA purchases and maintains exercise equipment for members to utilize in the MCPD gym that association members have begun to organize. It is imperative for police officers to maintain physical fitness for the performance of our duties. Therefore, the association provides members with quality equipment to be utilized in our police department.
- Officer and Citizen Recognition Events- The MCPPA will organize events to recognize officers, and citizens for their commitment, service, and courage in regard to the community.
- Benevolent Fund – This fund allows us to assist our members in times of need. The MCPPA offers emotional and financial support to members and their families in a time of death or serious illness. In addition, this fund allows the association to purchase a plaque and appreciation gift for all officers who retire from the MCPD.
- Political Action- The MCPPA is proud to provide support to worthy candidates and legislation at many levels.